Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Mothers Day

I  enjoyed  coming up with ideas  cards  for cards for  both of my daughters  this year. I decided to go with  a larger size, 5 x 6 1/2. My girls are both  unique in their own ways so I tried to follow  their "likes" to create  each of their cards.  I struggle with making cards  for them, as I believe  they  are better at this than I am  : )

   First  for Tammy, I chose to  use  a dp that I knew she would like, I kept it simple, used some ribbon that I love and a  die cut that was perfect  for the sentiment to be stamped on. And it all fell together  so easy...  We both love  the color "kraft " or " crumb cake " for a card base.  And her love for Sun Flowers will never change, so I was  pretty sure me I did alright  with my choice   : )




   And then  any one that knows Krista , knows  she loves  PURPLE... So  I started with that using  a couple of different  shades.  I had recently purchased some Lily Of The Valley  pre -colored images, and this one  just seemed  right..  I added some butterflies  from a new die I recently purchased  from Die-namics, and I totally love it...And of course some ribbon and  a few  pieces of  small bling were  the finishing touches on her card.



   Third  is the card  Krista made  for me. I love the SU color baha breeze.  I think she did an amazing  job  on this card, I love the reverse  on the pattern paper... The  style of script  is perfect with this dp, again it is   by SU. I think it  gives this card  a vintage touch in just the right way, by leaning towards  an elegant look .
   Thanks  for stopping by, I know it seems like  Mothers Day  was  so  long  ago, but in reality, it was  just a couple of weeks ago...And in my life , well that is not  too far  behind...
 In reality, I am so behind in so much more   : )

    The end of May  is here,  and soon Summer will be too ...
 I hope  you stop back  and see what I have  in store  for all of you,I have a few  things started already .  I hope  to  have some more pretties to share real soon.
 Until then, enjoy  this wonderful weather,  and remember  to SMILE...

13 comments:

  1. Love the cards. All three are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. All your cards are so beautiful. It's sweet that you went along with their favorite colors and flowers in order to create something personal for them. Great job. I just love Lili of the Valley - stamps and colored images. They are so beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes , you are the one that sent me to LOTV...I love some of their images... they are great when you just do not know what to do : )

      Delete
  3. Your Mother's Day cards are so pretty! I also love sunflowers and Kraft card bases, so was drawn to that one immediately!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great cards, Soni. Yep, I know your girls and you did a stupendous job matching their likes. Go you! Krista's cards are always elegant and right on target. They are not better than yours.... you just each have your own style. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your cards are just beautiful! You did a great job making each card special for each one. Great work!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Nancy, glad you could stop by ...

      Delete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Soni - Thanks so much for the comment you left on my post about my dad. I appreciate it! I am so sorry for your loss. I was going to e-mail you directly but my computer was giving me problems. The comment I first wrote you I deleted due to some spelling errors on my part. Take care - Brenda over at Disney Girl

    ReplyDelete
  8. I liked them all. looks like your daughter Krista shares your talent, not exceeds it. I like yours better but i'm a bit biased.I think her card was something fitting for you, just like yours were fitting for both Tammy and Krista.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh how kind of you, I am happy that both of my daughters share the enjoyment of scrap booking and card making with me... We all have our own ideas : )

      Delete