Sunday, April 28, 2013

Gift of Love


   Have you ever  had some one  in your life  that is always there  for you  ?  Some  one that cares  about  you and your family  in  every way...And  in all they do  for  you , you feel like  you can  never come close  to  giving back to them....
     Well I do,  she is a special  lady, I have not known her  a really long time... maybe  five years  or so. But she is always  helpful, comes with a smile  and a  hug   and always  does  her best, what ever that may be  .
Finally, she called  with a request...I was  so  happy, then of course reality hit.  Hmmm...... I do not want to mess these  up ...lol
    Amy  is  "Pastor  Amy "  or "Miss Amy "  to my grand kids...  but to me  she is a true blessing...  She is  preparing to go on the EMMAUS  walk ..She will be with  about 50 women, in a retreat envionment
She is  giving each of them a gift,  and asked  me to make  book marks  to go along with  it...  She  gave me the scripture and other words , and said  just what ever  you think  .
    Thank goodness I had  help  with  the formatting  on the computer,  lol   .My oldest grand daughter was  here  and was  so  helpful... So it was a  labor of  love with  her  helping  me
  and  I  I enjoyed  being  able to  do some thing for my sweet friend...I hope she likes  them  

As always,  thanks  for stopping  by...  the weather is finally getting  nice, so  come  back  when you can  sit and  visit  next time...   Til  then....  I hope you are enjoying  your days...  









16 comments:

  1. Sorry for the side ways view...I have no reason why...lol and no idea of how to flip it either...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Soni,
    i flipped it around for you and sent it to your e-mail
    hugs
    brandy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks but how do I get it here I can flip it in my pics or picasa but it is not transfering right ??

      Delete
  3. in blogger you have the ability to edit your posts. on the original image right click and choose remove. then insert the flipped image like you did before

    ReplyDelete
  4. how can I get it from my email

    ReplyDelete
  5. sorry i missed your next question . i went to bed. looks like you got it fixed

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very lovely Soni, and you used my most favorite color. It is so wonderful to have something you can rely on whatever or whenever the need arises.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely bookmarks. I know she will love them and so will the recipients!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the bookmarks, Sonja. Those will be a big hit at the retreat, I'm quite sure. The 'praying hands' image is perfect. Great job.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks Shell just not what I had in mind but she did like them

      Delete
  9. They turned out great! It was so nice that you were able to help your friend. Hope you are doing well. I am sitting here, as always, having my tea while I visit you:-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh how wonderful wouldn't it be great to do that in person so glad my humble attempt at crafting and this blog brought me you... you are special

      Delete
  10. They are lovely Sonja! I'm sure she did LOVE them...great work!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks so much I know it meant a lot to me for her to ask and to be able to return some kindness to her

      Delete
  11. This turned out lovely! Of course we all knew they would. Very nice. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  12. We all have our angels in our lives. its terrific that you could do this for yours . they turned out wonderful

    ReplyDelete